Thursday 7 May 2009

GRAPHIC NOVEL

Our next project is to produce a Graphic Novel. I'm not sure if it's something I'd be interested in for the future. It's definetly a lot of work.
We looked at a few novels done by previous students. The best ones seemed to keep it simple and tell a good story. There were loads that looked great but when it came to the writing it sometimes dragged on a little and you kinda lost interest. Our tutor said that a lot of students found getting the balance between image and story correct really difficult. 
The ones that worked though were really nice.

I've chosen to do something along the lines of 'Ripley's believe it or not'. Not sure if there will be a story or not yet....
So far I'm just choosing my people and playing around. I bought a huge book of weird and wonderful things today and the lady above can make her eyes pop out of her head all big and that. 


No comments: